I have a lot to be Thankful for in 2014:
- The birth of my daughter Harkin and my other daughter Bridget
- That I am alive despite all the challenges and set backs with cancer and complications and internal bleeding from Harkin's c-section
- My amazing and wonderful husband - they broke the mold when they made him ;)
- My Family - both extended and immediate
- The Mom's in both my FSGS and Kick Ass Cancer mom group - without you I would be lost
- The completion of chemo
- The fact that there is NED i.e. No evidence of disease (see note below)
- My kidneys are stable even with FSGS and all the medications I have been on within the past year
- The fact I am NOT on any pain medication and overcame the physical dependance that my body craved after chemo was completed
- My dog faces Ralph and Maggie my constant cuddle fur babies love them!
- My Friends - as my dad would say if you have two to three really good friends then you are very lucky and living richly
- The fact I am well enough to work
- My co-workers and colleagues - some of you have outdone yourself to levels of epic proportion!
- The fact my basic needs are met. So many are without a roof over their heads and a warm safe place to sleep.
- My hair is growing back and I am well enough to exercise and be mobile everyday!
- The experience I have been afforded both good and bad
- There are so many more I am forgetting but the important thing is I am thankful!
|Bridget is Thankful for lollipops specifically blue ones ;)|
Despite being NED I can't help but to what to check to have a baseline something to work from. So on Friday I am having a ct scan done at my request and the bone scan is scheduled for December 9th. I will meet with my Oncologist on January 9th to discuss the results and discuss starting lupron the monthly injection.
I have also decided I need to start living live again. I mean really living life. Stop living in fear of cancer coming back, or my kidneys no longer working, or about what other people think of me so much, or about being the best at everything and stressing myself out so much. I need to walk away from things that no longer serve me. Sometimes you need to be in a decent amount of pain in order to become uncomfortable and reach for change. I am going to make sure I am happy and fulfilled because you are responsible for your own happiness :)